After what has been one of the coldest and snowiest winters in the UK in living memory, spring should be just around the corner. As we move into March, the ecological consultancy calendar starts to become very full. CGO Ecology Ltd is based in Bournemouth, Dorset on the south coast of England, but works across the UK. Our immediate diary commitments include a rapidly-filling programme of springtime survey and mitigation works.
- Reptile capture and translocation on the A338 Spur Road near Bournemouth. Verge clearance and exclusion fencing is making steady progress, and a Natural England licence is in place.
- Reptile capture and translocation, under licence, at a quarry in the Ringwood Forest area.
- Reptile survey and capture in a Hampshire quarry.
- Training volunteers and giving graduates opportunities to shadow CGO Ecology fieldwork.
- Various great crested newt and reptile surveys and advice.